Royal Ascot: A Last Minute Guide to Gorgeous Hats
It is hard to believe we are already in June, but even harder to fathom that Royal Ascot starts next week! While I chose my outfit months ago, I often find myself reaching June and panicking that I don’t yet have a hat. Renting is always an option but more often than not, the best hats will have gone.
The Sloaney published some ‘Hat Hunting Tips’ at the start of the summer season, but Royal Ascot is rather particular when it comes to the dress code, especially for those frequenting the Royal Enclosure. With barely a week to go before the big event gets underway, I have quickly sourced some fabulous, versatile headpieces from a selection of Jacques Vert’s in house designers, including millinery to the queen, Rachel Trevor-Morgan.
Jacques Vert is well known for their fabulous occasion wear and with an incredible array of gorgeous hats and fascinators, you will easily find a beautiful design last minute, which also complies with Royal Enclosure Rules. Whether you are looking for a classic, English-Rose piece or something a little alternative, here are my favourite pieces from the collection:
Keep in mind these simple tips when choosing your hat for Royal Ascot:
- Balance your hat with the rest of your outfit. Know what suits your face shape and skin tone. If you have a warn skin tone you can wear something light, cooler tones often need to wear heavier colours.
- Choose a design that you instantly love and resembles your taste, don’t let others sway you. You need to feel chic and confident, not doubting your choice.
- Try not to choose the same colour for the whole outfit, break it up a little. For example, if you are wearing black I personally love a bold red, but a classic white can be worn with so many outfits on other occasions.
- If you choose a bold colour don’t over accessorize the rest of the outfit, let the hat be the centerpiece and keep your bag, shoes and jewelry simple and understated.
- Standard brim hats are classic, but you can angle them, like fascinators and pillboxes, to add an attitude and sharpness to this old-fashioned design.
If you are interested in purchasing any of our chosen hats/fascinators, or to view Jacques Vert’s entire range, visit the website: http://www.jacques-vert.co.uk