This is www.thesloaney.com – a website operated by The Sloaney. Your use of this Website is subject to the following terms and conditions of use (the “Terms”), which you are deemed to accept by using the Website.
These Terms were last updated on 1st December 2011.
The copyright and all other rights in the material on this Website are owned by us or are included with the permission of the owner of the rights. As a visitor to this Website, you may download a single copy of the material on this Website on a single computer for your own private viewing purposes only. No copying or distribution of material on this Website for any commercial or business use is permitted without our prior written consent. No photography, filming or broadcast of the pages of this Website is permitted without our prior written consent. Subject to this paragraph, all rights in material on this Website are reserved to The Sloaney.
If you send or otherwise submit any text, images, audio or other materials, information or content (“Content”) to this Website, by doing so you grant The Sloaney the right to permanently store all such Content and present them for public access and/or viewing on the Website, without payment. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained all necessary permissions, licences and consents in order to enable The Sloaney to use the Content as provided for in these Terms. If you fail to do so, you may be infringing the rights of the person who owns the Content. The copyright of every image or other material remains with the respective photographer or creator. All Content must comply with the Commenting rules, set out below.
Information and availability
Whilst we take every care to ensure that the information on this Website is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied to us by third parties and we are unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it. Further, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, errors, interruptions and delays may occur in the service at any time. Accordingly, this Website and any information made available on it is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any warranties of any kind and we do not accept any liability arising from any inaccuracy or omission in the information or interruption in availability.
The information on this Website does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of The Sloaney or any person connected with the Website. Neither should any suggestions or advice contained on this Website be relied upon in place of professional advice. You are responsible for checking the accuracy of relevant facts and opinions given on this Website before entering into any commitment based upon them.
Other promotions & competitions
From time to time, we (or selected third parties) may include competitions, promotions or other offers on this Website. Each such offer shall be subject to its own express terms and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Linking to this Website
We welcome ‘hot links’ to the Home Page of this Website, but do not display the contents of this Website (or any page from it) or allow it to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from us without our consent. If you would like to licence our material, please contact us.
Links to other websites
On this Website you may be offered automatic links to other websites. Whilst we hope you will be interested in those websites, you acknowledge that their owners may be independent from us and we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for their content.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code. However, it is recommended that you should virus check all materials downloaded from the Website and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability (other than liability for death or personal injury) in connection with any damage or loss caused by computer viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the Website.
The following are trademarks of The Sloaney and which may be registered in certain jurisdictions:
1. The Sloaney
No use of these trademarks is to be made by you except for the purpose of referring to The Sloaney, the Website in good faith only.
In the event that any term of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
Variation of these Terms
The Sloaney reserves the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Terms & Conditions of Use on the Website. By continuing to use the Website you will be deemed to accept such variations.
Nothing in these Terms shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party, which cannot be excluded by law. English law shall govern these Terms and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Commenting – Rules of Acceptable Use
Comments, message boards, personal profiles and any discussion forums or pages of the Website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of the Website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes are strictly prohibited. Your use of these forums and the Website generally is subject to the following terms that, by your use of the forums and the Website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
- Do not use obscene or offensive language or post obscene or offensive material, and do not place on the Website any material which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate. By doing so you may offend the person who the material relates to (or another user) and you may be committing an offence in doing so.
- Do not post any material on the Website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential. By doing so you run the risk of breaching an obligation of confidentiality, which is unlawful.
- Do not post any material on the Website (including contact details, last names, telephone numbers, street addresses or other identifying information of private individuals or public figures), which compromises your privacy or security (or the privacy or security of anyone other than you). This is for your own personal protection and security (and that of others), and by disclosing that information about others you may be in breach of data protection laws.
- Do not place on the Website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful. If you encourage others to break the law you could be committing an offence yourself.
- Do not place on the Website any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than you without the prior written consent of the owner of it. By doing so you could be opening yourself and/or The Sloaney (and any third party licensed or permitted to use that material by The Sloaney in accordance with these Terms) up to any claim of infringement of the owner’s rights.
- Do not place any links on the Website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use. By doing so you could be committing an offence.
- Do not place on the Website any advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use the Website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the Website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services). Others are required to pay for advertising space on the Website to fund the Website, and by using the Website for commercial purposes you will be affecting our ability to continue to offer this Website to you and other users.
- Do not use the Website to solicit information from anyone under the age of 18. By doing so you will be acting irresponsibly and could be engaging in an unlawful activity.
- Do not place on the Website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters. By doing so you may affect the enjoyment of the Wesbite by other users and you may be acting unlawfully.
- You must become a registered user in order to post comments on this Website. You will be required to register the first time you decide to submit a comment and all subsequent comments will be subject to you providing your valid user ID and password.
If you do not comply with these Rules of Acceptable Use, we reserve the right to prevent you from making any future submissions to this Website (or any other website operated by The Sloaney).
You grant to The Sloaney the right to permanently store all such Content and present them for public access, on the Website, without payment. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained all necessary permissions, licences and consents in order to enable The Sloaney to use the Content as provided for in these Terms. If you fail to do so, you may be infringing the rights of the person who owns the Content. The copyright of every image or other material remains with the respective photographer or creator.
The Sloaney accepts no responsibility for any Content or other submissions placed on the Website by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
You agree to indemnify The Sloaney, and its representatives and employees from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to this Website, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from the Website or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
Removal of Content
We will not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the forums or to the Website generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the Website. We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is posted to, or available on, the comments, message boards, personal profiles and any discussion forums or pages of the Website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on this Website please let us know by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
Online competition terms and conditions
These rules apply to all prize promotions including free draws, prize competitions and instant win offers. Depending on the nature of the competition there may be additional rules.
Promotions are open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
The Sloaney and the promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter the competitions unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
By entering the prize draw, the entrant agrees to be bound by the rules and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material accompanying the promotion.
It is assumed that by entering competitions, which, if won, could result in time off work, your employer is in agreement to time off. When dates are notified they cannot be altered.
Depending on the nature of the prize, its use or enjoyment may be subject to further conditions or restrictions.
Winners will be notified by email on the day of the draw. Winners have fourteen (14) business working days to respond in full to the email or another winner will be drawn, unless otherwise stated on the promotional activity with a specific competition.
By entering the promotion, the winner(s) consent(s) to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and use on the Website at any time.
Prize draws are open to all residents of the UK, except employees of The Sloaney, the promoter and their immediate families, the promoters advertising agency and sales promotion consultancy, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion. And anyone employed or contracted as a supplier or agent in the production of The Sloaney.
The Editor’s decision on the competition / promotion winner/s is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Only one entry per person. Spammers will be disqualified.
The Sloaney will not accept responsibility for loss through technical fault, incomplete, illegible or other damaged entries. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
The Sloaney cannot be held liable for the failure of the competition sponsor to provide a prize in the event of their liquidation/bankruptcy, insolvency, or change of ownership.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.