Mum-to-be Diary: The Angelcare movement monitor
By KATIE ANN LAMB
When that time finally arrives for you to take your newborn home for the first night, it can be a very daunting prospect. Suddenly you don’t have midwifes on call to calm those new parent nerves and assure you of what you’re doing. I am obviously excited but equally terrified at the prospect of caring for such a tiny person, so when I came across the Angelcare Movement Monitor, which in my opinion is designed by the leading brand in baby movement monitors, I started to regain.
I know this is going to sound ridiculous, unless you’re about to become a parent or have been responsible for a small child overnight, but that terrifying question plagues on the minds of many: ‘Are they still breathing?’
The amazing thing about the Angelcare movement monitor is that if there is no movement for 20 seconds an alarm sounds! They have a variety of models available but the AC517 Baby Movement Monitor also has video functionality and with its advanced analytics and sophisticated design not only does it give parents the ultimate peace of mind – its the top of the range! The wireless Movement and sound monitor allow you to relax whilst baby is resting so whether you’ve got guests over or trying to get some sleep yourself.
The Sensor Pad is designed to be placed under your baby’s mattress where it monitors subtle movements while your baby sleeps. One of the new features of the A517 is the ability to collect and store data on the systems parent unit , so you can not only monitor movement, but also review data reports covering the last two months – enabling you to adjust conditions in the nursery such as the room temperature for improving your baby’s sleep. The cameras colour-coded digital temperature display turns red for too warm and blue for too cool perfect for assisting new parents ensure the correct conditions.
So whether you’re a first time parent or been there and done it before I cannot recommend the Angelcare Movement Monitor enough to help you through the first few months.
Features & Benefits
- 5” LCD touchscreen parent unit
- Under-the-mattress wireless Movement Sensor Pad tracks subtle movements that audio and video monitors can’t detect* (This product is intended to be used only for parental reassurance to monitor your baby’s movements.)
- Alarm will sound if no movement is detected after 20 seconds
- Wall-mount or tabletop camera with adjustable magnetic mount
- Low profile camera with room temperature display (turns red for too warm and blue for too cool)
- Movement activity and room temperature reports covering last two months
- Secure digital transmission (2.4GHz)
- Two-way talk
- Night vision
- Range up to 820ft (clear line of sight)
- Alerts: Out-of-range, low battery, room temperature and movement
- Adjustable movement sensitivity levels
- Visual sound level indicator
The Movement Sensor Pad must be placed directly on a solid surface under the mattress. It is not compatible with hollow core mattresses or mattresses containing memory foam that comes in contact with the Movement Sensor Pad.
The Angelcare Movement Monitor is priced at £269 and available at https://angelcareshop.co.uk/angelcare-ac517-baby-movement-monitor-video
*While Angelcare intends to provide peace of mind to our consumers, monitoring of a premature baby or babies considered to be at risk should be carried out only under the supervision of a doctor or health care professional. The Angelcare movement monitor is not intended to diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure or prevent any disease or condition. This monitor should NOT be used to prevent Sudden Infant Death Syndrome