Beautiful beach dresses
Some of the best moments spent on the beach come at the end of the day. As the sun sets and dusk starts to arrive, relaxing in the late afternoon sun is a real pleasure.
This is also when a stylish beach dress comes in handy as you start to think about leaving the sand behind and venturing towards the bar in the beach club for a fruity cocktail to round off the day.
A stylish beach dress is also ideal for holiday lunches and we have also spotted many fashionistas choosing to wear them as casual attire at some of the key events on the British Social Season.
With August just around the corner, there is still plenty of time to get the most out of your favourite style pick. With this in mind, here is our Beach Dress Edit…
- Ocean blues and aqua hues are always a hit on the beach and we love Gottex’s (£250) Koh Phangan short kaftan that is available in Harrods. It will look great over a cream swimsuit.
- This Oscar de la Renta‘s (£2,460) ivory silk kaftan from Net-a-porter almost looks too good to wear to the beach. However, it is the style of dress that we mentioned seeing at some of this season’s high society events.
- For something simple, we like the sleevless cotton dress by La Perla (reduced from £346 to £207). Matches have included it as part of their summer sale and this is a bargain worth snapping up.
- Beach capes were predicted to be big this summer and while we have yet to see many embrace the trend, this contemporary look by Lisa Marie Fernandez (£320) will turn heads.
- No beach dress edit would be complete without Roberto Cavalli (£1,170) and this lightweight silk-chiffon kaftan mixes black and white with a touch of gold for an ultra glamorous look.